Erykah Badu Receives Backlash Over Hitler Comments

Getty Image  Uproxx Studios

"Erykah Badu", the magazine sat down with the 46-year-old r&b-soul singer who hasn't released an album in eight years, where she shared her thoughts on a plethora of topics. I have no clue why anyone would care to interview her in 2018.

In 2008, the singer allegedly called Louis Farrakhan a "superhero" and a "beautiful, fearless being". "I weigh everything", she stated. Because I love Bill Cosby, and I love what he has done for the world. I'm also okay with anything I had to say about Louis Farrakhan.

Erykah Badu said in an interview: "I saw something good in Hitler". In that situation, I want to know what really happened.

"I want to have a variety show.I want to get my midwifery certification in direct-entry midwifery".

On Cosby, she was asked a question about how people can separate the art from the artist - especially when the artist has been accused of doing harm to other people. "I see all sides simultaneously".

She took to her Twitter page Wednesday afternoon to write in part: 'Say what u must.

Customers angry after Bank of America tightens free-checking rules
Some people wrote that they cut ties with the bank over what they saw as unfair treatment of customers. The company is moving its e-banking customers to a standard checking account.

"I mean, I'm not Muslim, I'm not Christian, I'm not anything; I'm an observer who can see good things and bad things", she explained.

Pushed on that point, Badu - who says she thinks she fits the description of an "empath" - continued: "He had a awful childhood". Even so, the two continued to engage in dialogue. Musician Erykah Badu seems to think that he should get credit for being a good painter because he wasn't always a vile person.

Challenged about her comment, she quickly added, "OK, he was a awful painter. Poor thing. He had a bad childhood". That means that when I'm looking at my daughter, Mars.

"I see things like that", Badu said.

I'm perfectly willing to accept that you might be operating on a higher moral plane than I am, but I think going down the route of "Hitler was a child once too" is maybe turning the idea of empathy into an empty abstraction. "I don't know what to do or say about Erykah anymore".

Though Badu admitted that her opinions may go against popular beliefs, she remains adamant in her stance and refuses to budge, despite the risk of being "crucified" for her statements.

Related news:

Hot News

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Murphy Brown is returning with Candice Bergen to CBS
Jan 25, 2018 - 01:13
It was announced today that CBS has given the show a 13 episode commitment for the 2018-2019 broadcast season. I would be very curious to see what they could do with Murphy Brown in our current insane culture.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top The Fall Frontman Mark E. Smith Has Died, Aged 60
Jan 25, 2018 - 01:11
Sixth months later, when their second album, Dragnet (1979) was released, Smith was the only original member left. Tributes for the star have since flooded in online, with broadcaster Lauren Laverne writing: "Oh man.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Embattled Maine town manager fired after white supremacist firestorm
Jan 25, 2018 - 01:10
The roughly 45 Jackman residents who crowded into their town hall early Tuesday greeted Kawczynski's ouster as welcome news. The town had a population of 862 people in the 2010 census. "That's the real Jackman", Duplessis said.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Brazilian appeals court upholds ex-president Lula's conviction
Jan 25, 2018 - 01:09
While Wednesday's verdict wouldn't rule Lula out of the running for good, it does represent a significant blow to his chances. State-owned companies including utility Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras, Banco do Brasil and Petrobras also rallied.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Oil climbs above $65 for first time in more than three years
Jan 25, 2018 - 01:09
The Markit survey also reported the largest payroll gain since 2000 and the highest price pressures for almost seven years. The drop-in imports was compensated for by the increase in production which now eclipses 9.8-million barrels a day.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Leaked video gives us our first look at a working Galaxy S9
Jan 25, 2018 - 01:08
The sensor is said to use a 3-stack design that will give the camera in the smartphone some nice features users will enjoy. The two processors for the handsets are the Samsung Exynos 9810 and the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor .

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Planned Parenthood CEO who oversaw 3.5 million abortions to step down
Jan 25, 2018 - 01:07
The 60-year-old president is now working on a memoir, titled " Making Trouble ", which is set to release in April. News of Richards' departure was well-received from former Planned Parenthood clinic worker Abby Johnson.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Sea Of Thieves Beta Now Available, But Some Players Are Experiencing Issues
Jan 25, 2018 - 01:03
Incidentally, the closed beta is having issues at the moment, so the celebration is just a tad premature, but we still get the trailer.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Mother: School shooting took life of a 'perfect sweet soul'
Jan 25, 2018 - 01:00
Lovett said parents will be allowed to attend school with their children and buses will run at regularly scheduled times. Of the four remaining victims at Vanderbilt, three are in critical but stable condition and one is in stable condition.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Google adds audio books on Play Store; here's how to get them
Jan 25, 2018 - 00:59
It remains to be seen if the move will help Google Home compete with Amazon Echo, which now dominates the smart speaker market. In addition to listening to books without a subscription, some users can call upon the Google Assistant to read books to them.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Tesla faces investigation after Autopilot-enabled vehicle crashes into firetruck
Jan 25, 2018 - 00:58
The auto struck the firetruck around 8:30am Monday on Interstate 450 in Culver City, California . The National Transportation Safety Board is now gathering information on the incident.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top California's SpaceX Test Fires World's Biggest Rocket, Plans Flight Soon
Jan 25, 2018 - 00:57
The static fire is one of the last steps SpaceX must take before it can finalize a launch date for the Heavy's inaugural flight. SpaceX did not build the satellite's attachment mechanism, and the company insists the rocket performed normally.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Natalie Portman Tells Women's March Of 'Sexual Terror' At 13
Jan 25, 2018 - 00:53
De Mille honoree Oprah Winfrey who had promised girls and young women watching the show that 'a new day is on the horizon. The day after Trump's inauguration previous year , millions of women did the same thing.

Latest Windows 10 Insider Preview builds reveal new privacy tools
Jan 25, 2018 - 00:52
Hopefully, this will (at least slightly) improve the adoption of Windows 10 in enterprises working with highly sensitive data. Windows Insiders will be able to try out this new functionality before it's rolled out to all users in the coming weeks.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Dog flu spreading across the country; how to recognize the signs
Jan 25, 2018 - 00:51
It generally costs between $30 and $40 and consists of two shots administered three weeks apart and then once every year. Even states that aren't seeing a current outbreak of dog flu say they're expecting it to hit them in the coming months.