Erykah Badu Receives Backlash Over Hitler Comments

Getty Image  Uproxx Studios

"Erykah Badu", the magazine sat down with the 46-year-old r&b-soul singer who hasn't released an album in eight years, where she shared her thoughts on a plethora of topics. I have no clue why anyone would care to interview her in 2018.

In 2008, the singer allegedly called Louis Farrakhan a "superhero" and a "beautiful, fearless being". "I weigh everything", she stated. Because I love Bill Cosby, and I love what he has done for the world. I'm also okay with anything I had to say about Louis Farrakhan.

Erykah Badu said in an interview: "I saw something good in Hitler". In that situation, I want to know what really happened.

"I want to have a variety show.I want to get my midwifery certification in direct-entry midwifery".

On Cosby, she was asked a question about how people can separate the art from the artist - especially when the artist has been accused of doing harm to other people. "I see all sides simultaneously".

She took to her Twitter page Wednesday afternoon to write in part: 'Say what u must.

Pope Francis Compares Fake News to Snake in Garden of Eden
Turning to the Book of Genesis (Genesis 3:15), he noted that this same strategy was used by the serpent and "Father of Lies" in the Garden of Eden.

"I mean, I'm not Muslim, I'm not Christian, I'm not anything; I'm an observer who can see good things and bad things", she explained.

Pushed on that point, Badu - who says she thinks she fits the description of an "empath" - continued: "He had a awful childhood". Even so, the two continued to engage in dialogue. Musician Erykah Badu seems to think that he should get credit for being a good painter because he wasn't always a vile person.

Challenged about her comment, she quickly added, "OK, he was a awful painter. Poor thing. He had a bad childhood". That means that when I'm looking at my daughter, Mars.

"I see things like that", Badu said.

I'm perfectly willing to accept that you might be operating on a higher moral plane than I am, but I think going down the route of "Hitler was a child once too" is maybe turning the idea of empathy into an empty abstraction. "I don't know what to do or say about Erykah anymore".

Though Badu admitted that her opinions may go against popular beliefs, she remains adamant in her stance and refuses to budge, despite the risk of being "crucified" for her statements.

Related news:

Hot News

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top The Fall Frontman Mark E. Smith Has Died, Aged 60
Jan 25, 2018 - 01:11
Sixth months later, when their second album, Dragnet (1979) was released, Smith was the only original member left. Tributes for the star have since flooded in online, with broadcaster Lauren Laverne writing: "Oh man.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Brazilian appeals court upholds ex-president Lula's conviction
Jan 25, 2018 - 01:09
While Wednesday's verdict wouldn't rule Lula out of the running for good, it does represent a significant blow to his chances. State-owned companies including utility Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras, Banco do Brasil and Petrobras also rallied.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Oil climbs above $65 for first time in more than three years
Jan 25, 2018 - 01:09
The Markit survey also reported the largest payroll gain since 2000 and the highest price pressures for almost seven years. The drop-in imports was compensated for by the increase in production which now eclipses 9.8-million barrels a day.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Woman falls overboard from Carnival Triumph cruise ship into Gulf of Mexico
Jan 25, 2018 - 01:05
Brooks, of Lafayette, Louisiana, had also sent her mother a video of her and her husband shortly after they boarded the ship. A woman fell to her death from the balcony of her cabin aboard the Carnival Elation en route to the Bahamas.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Cent Makes Millions from Bitcoin Payments
Jan 25, 2018 - 01:05
In an update on the album's bitcoin proceeds this week, Complex noted , "50 has proven his business acumen time and time again". Which doesn't sound like a lot.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Ghost Recon Wildlands is getting loot crates
Jan 25, 2018 - 01:04
The former is focused on single-player and co-op cosmetics while the latter features items that can be used in the PvP mode. All players will receive a gifted Spec Ops Crate and a gifted Ghost War Crate, which are redeemable on the Ubisoft Club.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Plex VR for Daydream Makes Your Media Library Consumable in Virtual Reality
Jan 25, 2018 - 01:03
Usage is free for all Plex users, but co-viewing is reserved for paying Plexpass members - after a 7-day trial period, that is. Once you do that, you can choose your preferred virtual environment, customize your Plex VR avatar, and start watching.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top The world's first in-display fingerprint scanning smartphone is here
Jan 25, 2018 - 01:02
It also packs 4GB of RAM, 128GB of internal storage and a microSD card slot with support to extra 256GB of storage. The rest of its specifications and features are same as the regular Vivo X20 Plus phone .

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Mother: School shooting took life of a 'perfect sweet soul'
Jan 25, 2018 - 01:00
Lovett said parents will be allowed to attend school with their children and buses will run at regularly scheduled times. Of the four remaining victims at Vanderbilt, three are in critical but stable condition and one is in stable condition.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Tesla faces investigation after Autopilot-enabled vehicle crashes into firetruck
Jan 25, 2018 - 00:58
The auto struck the firetruck around 8:30am Monday on Interstate 450 in Culver City, California . The National Transportation Safety Board is now gathering information on the incident.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top GDC: Interest in Nintendo Switch and PC development is increasing
Jan 25, 2018 - 00:57
When asked what platform (s) they expected their next game would be released on, only 17% said VR headsets. Submit the form to view the 2018 GDC State of the Industry .

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Natalie Portman Tells Women's March Of 'Sexual Terror' At 13
Jan 25, 2018 - 00:53
De Mille honoree Oprah Winfrey who had promised girls and young women watching the show that 'a new day is on the horizon. The day after Trump's inauguration previous year , millions of women did the same thing.

Latest Windows 10 Insider Preview builds reveal new privacy tools
Jan 25, 2018 - 00:52
Hopefully, this will (at least slightly) improve the adoption of Windows 10 in enterprises working with highly sensitive data. Windows Insiders will be able to try out this new functionality before it's rolled out to all users in the coming weeks.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Dog flu spreading across the country; how to recognize the signs
Jan 25, 2018 - 00:51
It generally costs between $30 and $40 and consists of two shots administered three weeks apart and then once every year. Even states that aren't seeing a current outbreak of dog flu say they're expecting it to hit them in the coming months.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Drake's "God's Plan" Breaks Taylor Swift's Spotify Streaming Record
Jan 25, 2018 - 00:50
It's pretty hard to deny, as the font styles and faded black background are spot on. Drake's representatives did not respond to a request for comment. "Congrats King.