Erykah Badu Receives Backlash Over Hitler Comments

Leon Bennett  Stringer  Getty Images

"Erykah Badu", the magazine sat down with the 46-year-old r&b-soul singer who hasn't released an album in eight years, where she shared her thoughts on a plethora of topics. I have no clue why anyone would care to interview her in 2018.

In 2008, the singer allegedly called Louis Farrakhan a "superhero" and a "beautiful, fearless being". "I weigh everything", she stated. Because I love Bill Cosby, and I love what he has done for the world. I'm also okay with anything I had to say about Louis Farrakhan.

Erykah Badu said in an interview: "I saw something good in Hitler". In that situation, I want to know what really happened.

"I want to have a variety show.I want to get my midwifery certification in direct-entry midwifery".

On Cosby, she was asked a question about how people can separate the art from the artist - especially when the artist has been accused of doing harm to other people. "I see all sides simultaneously".

She took to her Twitter page Wednesday afternoon to write in part: 'Say what u must.

Netanyahu, Trump Slated to Meet in Davos This Week
Ahead of his speech, he is set to meet Rwandan President Paul Kagame and the summit host, Swiss President Alain Berset. The last time the two met was in September on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly.

"I mean, I'm not Muslim, I'm not Christian, I'm not anything; I'm an observer who can see good things and bad things", she explained.

Pushed on that point, Badu - who says she thinks she fits the description of an "empath" - continued: "He had a awful childhood". Even so, the two continued to engage in dialogue. Musician Erykah Badu seems to think that he should get credit for being a good painter because he wasn't always a vile person.

Challenged about her comment, she quickly added, "OK, he was a awful painter. Poor thing. He had a bad childhood". That means that when I'm looking at my daughter, Mars.

"I see things like that", Badu said.

I'm perfectly willing to accept that you might be operating on a higher moral plane than I am, but I think going down the route of "Hitler was a child once too" is maybe turning the idea of empathy into an empty abstraction. "I don't know what to do or say about Erykah anymore".

Though Badu admitted that her opinions may go against popular beliefs, she remains adamant in her stance and refuses to budge, despite the risk of being "crucified" for her statements.

Related news:

Hot News

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top White Moose Cafe owner defends blogger following death threats
Jan 25, 2018 - 01:11
Hot YouTuber Corinna Kopf has wowed fans with her witty videos about her daily thoughts and has racked up over 600,000 followers. Ever since, Darby says she's been flooded with hate mail from 50-year-old men.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top The Fall Frontman Mark E. Smith Has Died, Aged 60
Jan 25, 2018 - 01:11
Sixth months later, when their second album, Dragnet (1979) was released, Smith was the only original member left. Tributes for the star have since flooded in online, with broadcaster Lauren Laverne writing: "Oh man.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top 2 dead, 14 injured in Afghanistan's 'Save the Children' attack
Jan 25, 2018 - 01:06
Officially, the Taliban, Afghanistan's largest Islamist group, say they respect aid workers and do not target them. According to the militant group's news agency Amaq, though it did not provide immediate evidence for the claim.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Woman falls overboard from Carnival Triumph cruise ship into Gulf of Mexico
Jan 25, 2018 - 01:05
Brooks, of Lafayette, Louisiana, had also sent her mother a video of her and her husband shortly after they boarded the ship. A woman fell to her death from the balcony of her cabin aboard the Carnival Elation en route to the Bahamas.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Cent Makes Millions from Bitcoin Payments
Jan 25, 2018 - 01:05
In an update on the album's bitcoin proceeds this week, Complex noted , "50 has proven his business acumen time and time again". Which doesn't sound like a lot.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Ghost Recon Wildlands is getting loot crates
Jan 25, 2018 - 01:04
The former is focused on single-player and co-op cosmetics while the latter features items that can be used in the PvP mode. All players will receive a gifted Spec Ops Crate and a gifted Ghost War Crate, which are redeemable on the Ubisoft Club.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Sea Of Thieves Beta Now Available, But Some Players Are Experiencing Issues
Jan 25, 2018 - 01:03
Incidentally, the closed beta is having issues at the moment, so the celebration is just a tad premature, but we still get the trailer.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top The world's first in-display fingerprint scanning smartphone is here
Jan 25, 2018 - 01:02
It also packs 4GB of RAM, 128GB of internal storage and a microSD card slot with support to extra 256GB of storage. The rest of its specifications and features are same as the regular Vivo X20 Plus phone .

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Google adds audio books on Play Store; here's how to get them
Jan 25, 2018 - 00:59
It remains to be seen if the move will help Google Home compete with Amazon Echo, which now dominates the smart speaker market. In addition to listening to books without a subscription, some users can call upon the Google Assistant to read books to them.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top GDC: Interest in Nintendo Switch and PC development is increasing
Jan 25, 2018 - 00:57
When asked what platform (s) they expected their next game would be released on, only 17% said VR headsets. Submit the form to view the 2018 GDC State of the Industry .

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Google I/O 2018 Takes Place May 8th To 10th
Jan 25, 2018 - 00:57
Ultimately, we're just going to have to wait for Google IO to roll around before we discover what the company has in store. The next Android version is usually introduced so brace yourselves for Android P related rumors in the next few months.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top California's SpaceX Test Fires World's Biggest Rocket, Plans Flight Soon
Jan 25, 2018 - 00:57
The static fire is one of the last steps SpaceX must take before it can finalize a launch date for the Heavy's inaugural flight. SpaceX did not build the satellite's attachment mechanism, and the company insists the rocket performed normally.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top New report finds Florida trailing in reducing tobacco use
Jan 25, 2018 - 00:56
This is backed up by a report published on Tuesday by the National Academies of Science, Engineering and Medicine . Wheeler, overall tobacco rates of youth have climbed because of electronic cigarettes.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Natalie Portman Tells Women's March Of 'Sexual Terror' At 13
Jan 25, 2018 - 00:53
De Mille honoree Oprah Winfrey who had promised girls and young women watching the show that 'a new day is on the horizon. The day after Trump's inauguration previous year , millions of women did the same thing.

Latest Windows 10 Insider Preview builds reveal new privacy tools
Jan 25, 2018 - 00:52
Hopefully, this will (at least slightly) improve the adoption of Windows 10 in enterprises working with highly sensitive data. Windows Insiders will be able to try out this new functionality before it's rolled out to all users in the coming weeks.