National Football League will prohibit 10 previously legal models of helmets

Washington Redskins helmets sit on the field

Jeff Miller, the NFL's senior vice president of health and safety policy, spoke to the Associated Press.

According to The MMQB reporter Albert Breer, Tom Brady and Drew Brees are among the players who have worn a helmet now on the prohibited list.

Ten different helmets have been banned for use, starting in 2018.

However, the 10 prohibited helmets have either been discontinued by their manufacturer or were made by companies that no longer produce football helmets.

Six helmets were immediately prohibited, while four of them were still allowed only for players that used them in the 2017 season and are prohibited for new players.

The goal of the study was to determine how helmets perform in the area of reduced head impact severity.

"Over the last few years we've seen some dynamic changes in the helmet industry, both from new innovators as well as new helmets and models from incumbent companies", Miller said.

National Weather Service in Columbia Confirms Tornado Touchdown
Miller said about six or seven structures experienced some damage, mostly minor except for one home that had a tree fall on it. The National Weather Service sees a 30 percent chance of showers overnight, improving to 70 percent Monday .

'We think that is an important move, and we think that will improve player health and safety.

"The objective of the continuation to rank helmets and the joint decision with the players' association to prohibit is to increase that movement into better performing helmets". Others were found to be inferior to numerous 34 helmets the National Football League and the players' union examined.

The banned after 2018 models included Brady's Riddell VSR-4 helmet, although the 40-year-old victor of five Super Bowls has the opportunity to test other helmets under game conditions this season also. In fact, the 2017 model actually finished second in the rankings.

The NFL has been ranking helmets based on laboratory testing, for four years. Within that, the Vicis Zero1 has a hard inner layer and padding structure that can be adjusted to fit individual players' heads.

Brady's wife, supermodel Gisele Bundchen, said in a 2017 interview that the quarterback had unreported concussions and she anxious about his long-term health. Helmets are ranked on how they "manage the forces" that players most often come into contact with, he added.

Longtime Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison, a five-time Pro Bowler and 2008 NFL Defensive Player of the Year, announced on Instagram he is retiring following a 15-year career.

Related news:

Hot News

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top More strikes by West on Syria would spark 'chaos,' Putin tells Rouhani
Apr 17, 2018 - 19:00
Syria and its ally Russian Federation deny any chemical attack took place - with Russian Federation calling it a "staged thing". The Western states have accused forces of Syrian President Bashar Assad of an attack with the use of chemical weapons in Duma.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA) Swings on Assorted Margin Ratio Analysis
Apr 17, 2018 - 18:57
Zacks Investment Research cut Nvidia from a "strong-buy" rating to a "hold" rating in a research note on Monday , January 15th. After $0.63 actual EPS reported by The Kroger Co. for the previous quarter, Wall Street now forecasts 0.00% EPS growth.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Too much sitting may shrink part of brain connected to memory
Apr 17, 2018 - 18:51
In one study, people who sat in front of a TV for more than four hours a day had nearly a 50 percent increased risk of death . A new study found that people who suffer brain injuries are at increased risk of dementia later in life .

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Nikki Bella Is The One Who Called Off Wedding With John Cena
Apr 17, 2018 - 18:42
Bella was apparently hurt by Cena's comments about their relationship while he was promoting the " Blockers " movie. It read, "While this decision was a hard one, we continue to have a great deal of love and respect for one another".

IShares Edge MSCI Min Vol Japan (JPMV) Rises 0.06% for April 17
Apr 17, 2018 - 18:34
Traders often add the Plus Directional Indicator (+DI) and Minus Directional Indicator (-DI) to identify the direction of a trend. Sometimes a stock will take off and get too far ahead of its underlying value which may result in the price being overvalued.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Konami Announces New Castlevania Game, But It's Not What You'd Think
Apr 17, 2018 - 18:32
Unfortunately, it does look like the game will only be available on Android iOS when it is released. Although he is a lovely person who is separated from humans, it is unfriendly and hard to approach.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Newcastle defeat 'story of our season': Arsenal boss Wenger
Apr 17, 2018 - 18:21
They might like to think otherwise, but they are not above Benitez. Overall, Arsenal seem to drop further and further behind the pack.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top United States accuses Russia, Syria of tampering with Douma evidence, Moscow denies
Apr 17, 2018 - 18:08
According to initial reports, the strikes may have targeted Al-Sayrat airbase and rural Homs, as well as areas around Damascus. The Kremlin also denied that Russian Federation was not allowing the OPCW mission in, without elaborating.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Twitter goes offline for users around the world
Apr 17, 2018 - 18:01
Users are being greeted by a sad-looking robot, alongside the error message: "Something is technically wrong. Among the several disruptions which Twitter faced, the most recent outage was reported on January 15, 2016.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top National Football League draft: Titans skip biggest need in CBS mock
Apr 17, 2018 - 17:49
Most people think USC's Sam Darnold is the most polished quarterback in the draft and the Browns need to get this right this year. This week, I'm going to talk about some of the key players who are divisive, and will swing how the draft will proceed.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top As of May, 3 Zillow Group, Inc. (ZG) Analysts See $-0.08 EPS
Apr 17, 2018 - 17:48
The resulting raw BOP values can be optionally smoothed using any moving average type and drawn as a line or histogram. A C-score of -1 would indicate that there is not enough information available to calculate the score .

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Bodies of missing Indian family members found in California river
Apr 17, 2018 - 17:27
Soon thereafter, search divers entered the water and were able to feel what they believed to be a person inside of the vehicle. Sandeep grew up in Surat city in Gujarat and settled down in the United States over 15 years ago.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Analysts Concerns about Lowe's Companies, Inc. (LOW) and Wells Fargo & Company
Apr 17, 2018 - 17:24
Sandler O'Neill reissued a "buy" rating and set a $64.00 target price on shares of Wells Fargo in a research note on Friday. Monetary Management Group Inc.'s holdings in Wells Fargo & Co were worth $1,316,000 at the end of the most recent quarter.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Klingenstein Fields & Co LLC Increased Its Stake in Oracle Corp (ORCL)
Apr 17, 2018 - 17:24
Intrust National Bank Na has invested 0.49% in General Electric Company (NYSE:GE). 37,350 are owned by Van Eck Associate Corp. The stock of Range Resources Corporation (NYSE:RRC) has "Accumulate" rating given on Monday, May 2 by KLR Group.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Rod Blagojevich's Wife Asks Trump For Pardon, Rips SCOTUS Appeal Rejection
Apr 17, 2018 - 17:20
Blagojevich's lawyers had wanted the high court to take up his case to make clear what constitutes illegal political fundraising. They argued that politicians are vulnerable to prosecution because the line between what's allowed and what's illegal is blurry.